Monster Hearts In Space
Generally speaking, items cost the same number of resources as their Harm or their Armor. You may also find equipment as you are playing.
Each player begins with their clothing, +1 Armor. No weapons unless otherwise specified by skin/backstory.
- Blade: 2-harm, melee.
- Blunt: 1-harm, melee, shock/stun.
- Fists: 1-harm, melee, non-lethal.
- Colt: 2-harm close loud reload.
- Ruger Super Warhawk: 3-harm close loud ap reload (cannot be silenced).
- Ingram Smartgun, HK 27-X: 2-harm close autofire loud.
- HK MP-5 TX, Uzi III 3-harm close autofire loud messy.
- Remington 900: 3-harm close reload messy.
- Mossberg AM-CMDT: 4-harm close messy autofire.
- AK-97, FN-HAR: 3-harm close loud autofire.
Sniper Rifles (Have a penalty to hit in close combat)
- Ranger Arms SM-4: 4-harm ap far recoil delicate (disassembles) reload.
- Walther MA-2100: 4-harm ap far recoil.
- Frag Grenades: 2-harm area.
- Flashbang Grenades: 2-stun area.
- Incendiary Grenades: 2-harm area burn. Target loses 1 point of armor permanently.
These weapons are rare and very, very expensive. They require the player to hold steady before being able to use unless the PC has the advanced personal move Heavy Weapons Specialist.
- ML-77 Missile Launcher (4-harm far area messy reload)
- M-100 Grenade Launcher (4-harm close/far area messy — can be used with specific grenades if the player has them in stock. This adds one tag from the grenade.)
- M-451 Firestorm (3-harm close area messy burn)
- M-622 Avalanche (3-harm close area)
- M-920 Cain (5-harm far area hi-tech refill)
- Arc Projector (3-harm close area ap)
- Armor Clothing: 1-armor.
- Armor Clothing and Jacket or Lined Coat: 2-armor unsubtle heavy.
(Includes armored clothing underneath. A lined coat allows for the concealment of pistols and SMGs… though any alert or paranoid person will note that you’re wearing a coat big enough to hide a big gun.)
- High-Fashion Protection: 1-armor subtle (can easily conceal pistols).
- Camouflage Suit: 2-armor obvious (narratively: helps you hide in particular environments. These can be fatigues or skinsuits as appropriate).
- Full Body Armor: 3-armor obvious heavy (includes helmet).
- Helmet: +1 armor obvious.